Healthcare recruitment trends in 2017 will witness gigantic growth. Learn what it means to your practice and what areas you can fit in.
Healthcare has always been a lucrative area for job-seekers. That applies to everyone who has the qualifications to carry out a job in the healthcare industry. In fact, this is evident from the report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It projects the healthcare industry will provide more jobs than any other industry during the period from 2014 to 2024.
Notably, it is good news for healthcare professionals who are planning to develop their career in this sector. Indeed, it’s also an opportunity for them to excel their career and obtain their share of the pie.
Naturally, opportunities come with challenges, and the case is no different here. Before making your foray into this sector, you should prepare yourself for the inevitable challenges ahead. Put it simply, no pain and no gain.
In the same line, the industry also needs a wider vision for an effective talent acquisition. To find qualified applicants and mold them to meet the growing needs is essentially an uphill task. Therefore, healthcare recruitment should be scientific and based on the level to which the qualifications match the expectations.
What Are The Challenges Of Healthcare Recruitment in 2017?
The challenges are more complicated than you think. Nevertheless, good things come with higher price-tags. Also, the best ones are beyond the price-tag. Therefore, if you are dreaming of a successful career as a healthcare professional, you should be ready to embrace every challenge whole-heatedly.
- Cut-throat market competition: If it were not for competition, you would never know what you are made of. Healthy competition and a system of rewarding the winner is for sure the best tool to fire your passion. Learn additional skills, get some extra certificates, boost your LinkedIn profile and stay at your best whenever possible. After all, who knows exactly when the opportunity will knock at your door. Most importantly, understand that there is a thin line between being different and strange. These are some of the easiest yet the best things you could start doing right now.
- Employers are looking for “great” players not just good ones: Forget the old adage “slow and steady wins the race”. Understandably, the talent acquisition is more difficult than any time it was before. Therefore, wear your best suit and smile, stay on an intellectual high and deliver the best. Follow the mantra “being good is a good thing but being the best is the best thing.”
- Which one to Hire: Educated or experienced? By far, this is the most daunting challenge for you. They are held in confusion over what they actually want out of a healthcare professional. For sure, they cannot always expect to get a perfect blend of talent and experience. In the same line, it creates an uneasy, to say the least, environment. Here you lose your sight of what you can sell in the market: Marks or years? The best thing you can do is to find the right match and go ahead.
The Opportunities Are Not Too Far
Keep your spirits high as opportunities are swelling. There is every chance that you will find the place that best suits your qualifications.
- Industry growth is something to look forward to: The growth of healthcare recruitment trends in 2017 will be the driving force for healthcare professionals. If you are thinking to join the healthcare industry, maybe this is the best time. The industry people are looking to find qualified applicants and ready to pay a hefty amount for the right healthcare professional. In addition, the talent acquisition firms are narrowing the gap between the employers and healthcare professionals. This growth is partly fueled by the ballooning number of baby boomers. Moreover, better diagnoses, Affordable Care Act and the invention of new treatment approaches have catapulted the need for a qualified healthcare professional.
- Specialty treatments are leading the way: If you are a licensed physical therapist, you are more likely to get hired once you dive into the market. This is just an example. Radiology, ophthalmology, oncology, and gynecology are some other hot specialties that are poised to make their marks in the healthcare recruitment arena in 2017. For such areas of medical specialties, you can expect a quick recruitment even if you are fresh grad.
- Love Social Media? You could become a Healthcare Social Media Manager or Consultant: Healthcare is not aloof from the wave of social media. Many healthcare firms are running talent acquisition campaigns using the social media. Additionally, they are also providing health solutions through it. This innovative area of healthcare recruitment is something we can expect to soar within a few years from now.
What Healthcare Professions Will Lead The Way In 2017
Going by the current trend, the following areas in the healthcare sector will make an impact on the Healthcare Recruitment Trends in 2017.
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Therapist
- Physician Assistant
- Dental Assistant
If you want to learn more about any health-related information within a few seconds,visit FindaTopDoc.com.
FindaTopDoc is an innovative platform for everyone who wishes to find authentic information about diseases, drugs, supplements and medical procedures. You can also view doctor’s profiles to match your unique health needs and request to schedule an appointment with just a click. Headed by digital marketer Anthony Casimano, FindaTopDoc is committed to providing evidence-based health information that is routinely updated and written in user-friendly language, all free of cost.